SY Snow White

SY Snow White
In Newry Canal

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Wednesday 12th February Boca Chica Dominican Republic



I have been here a few days now, and had a walk around Boca Chica to the East, which is a tourist center with lots of hotels and tour vans (and seems to be the hooker capital of the Dominicas)
Local Art Boca Chica
Shell Shop Boca Chica
Main Square Boca Chica
 and Andres to the West, which is where the locals live and shop. 
Main Square Andres
Market street Andres
Fruit and vegetables Andres
Around the marina (marina Zar Par) the rich locals like to anchor a short way off in their power boats and wait until about 11pm and then play their really awful repetitive music at an increadible volume until 4 or 5am then return to shore?

On the up side, the chef in the marina restaurant after hungrily eating all he heaped on my plate (a local dish of rice beans and a spicy chicken, brought a sandwich out to the boat when I did not order supper, and then ( have been eating lunch there every day) on Sunday he said the were closed on Monday and presented me with a meal I could reheat at no cost, a really nice guy!
Marina Zar Par
If the customs and immigration let me I will move on tomorrow morning for Puerto Rico, hoping the sea will treat us kindly for the crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment