SY Snow White

SY Snow White
In Newry Canal

Sunday 25 December 2011

25th Dec Mindelo


A very merry Christmas to everyone, that trade wind is still blowing, a bit gusty at times but still the temperature is between 23-30°C (73-86°F) so managing to get by in shorts and t-shirt, thinking of you in the wind, rain and snow.
Sunrise over Mindelo
 Took a walk out to the wartime gun emplacement at the entrance to the bay the other day, it is well disguised by being dug into the hillside and not mentioned in any guide I have seen, three of the guns are still in place although their breeches have been removed.
I asked about the cost of moving into the marina, about 25€ per night with water and electric extra, I think the fuel for the dingy is much less so I will stay where I am, even if I do get my feet wet and maybe feel a bit wobbly after a bumpy night. 
Anchorage from town
 May the God of our Fathers grant us all a safe passage and fair winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment